You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-23 20:31:44

pjezek

Invalid CUPS configuration ("failed to connect to cups server")

CUPS 2.3.1, reinstalled. Fresh Arch packages, no dependency problem. All stuff on SSD. Latest systemd. Repaired and well tested multifinctial Brother DCP-510W with driver installed and a proper ppd file, USB connected and the printer corretly recognized by lsusb.

What is wrong? Repeating failure of org.cups.cupsd unit; localhost:631 starts well in Firefox but lost connection to server on activation any link from cupsd home page on localhost. I tried everythig from restarting separately every CUPS units. Failure protocol shows wrong all cupsd configuration in spite of no complains of syntax check in Bluefish. I also tested cups.conf.default with partial succes (i finally got systemctl without failure) but with no activation of admin page and another subpages and repeating failure. One's more, now I have a fresh original installation of CUPS with collapsing connection with printserver. Strange...

I IMHO have bad original CUPS config files. The problem is not a printer configuration but a wrong path to connection with printserver. When I have had first time connected this printer with a HW problem inside, CUPS 2.3.1 was working OK and I could add new printer. After a repair in authorised service I simply connected USB cable and power one and no acces to CUPS adninistration via web interface.

Are there any similar problems detected by another CUPS users? I would be happy to find a cure for my trouble with CUPS. Thank you very much for any idea of a solution.

Our tomcat for your mice! Archlinux for your comps! Alfa Romeo for your roads! Faster running guaranted!

#2 2020-02-29 22:10:03

pjezek

Re: Invalid CUPS configuration ("failed to connect to cups server")

Solved. The problem with CUPS was caused by 64 bit support only, there is inevitable 32 bit support from Multilib repo. Users of 32 bit architecture are not affected. Standard /etc/cupsd/cupsd.conf must be replaced with (etc/cupsd/cupsd.conf.default and renamed to /etc/cupsd/cupsd.conf. Please, add this solution after several tests to the cups-troubleshooting part of wiki. I found the soultion by installing wine from Multilib.

Last edited by pjezek (2020-02-29 22:21:37)

Our tomcat for your mice! Archlinux for your comps! Alfa Romeo for your roads! Faster running guaranted!

#3 2020-03-01 13:43:53

Lone_Wolf

Re: Invalid CUPS configuration ("failed to connect to cups server")

/etc/cups/cupsd.conf & /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.default from cups-2.3.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz package are identical .

Check your pacman log, maybe you had customized /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and didn't notice a .pacnew file ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer