You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-26 00:57:31

archosaurus
Member
Registered: 2020-02-26
Posts: 2

Openlib keybindings & xte not working

Hi,

I am trying to map my Ctrl+Alt+Shift + Up/Down arrows to PgDn/PgUp.
I first tried to call xte from xbindkeys but had no success. I thought xbindkeys might just conflict with Openlib's own keybindings so I tried to simply rely on that instead.

So I added the following keybind to my rc.xml:

    <keybind key="C-A-S-Up">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>xte 'key Page_Up'</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>

But nothing happens when I try to press Alt + Ctrl + Shift + Up.
However, if I replace this with :

    <keybind key="C-A-S-Up">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>xterm</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>

Then an xterm windows will pop up. I've tried replacing the direct call to xte by saving the command in a bash script and executing an sh script.sh command instead of directly calling xte, but that fails too.

However if I enter a terminal and type

xte 'key Page_Up'

or any other xte command, the key stroke is emulated just fine.

Lost as to what is causing the problem or what I could try next, so any help is appreciated.

Best

Offline

#2 2020-02-26 05:41:41

archosaurus
Member
Registered: 2020-02-26
Posts: 2

Re: Openlib keybindings & xte not working

I managed to get this partially working by switching from xte to xvkbd:

    <keybind key="A-Up">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>xvkbd -text "\[Prior]"</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="A-Down">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>xvkbd -text "\[Next]"</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="A-Left">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>xvkbd -text "\[Home]"</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="A-Right">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>xvkbd -text "\[End]"</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>

I've also switched from Ctrl+Alt+Shift to Just Alt+arrow keys.
This works fine for Home and End with the left and right arrows, but Page Down and Page Up don't work with the currenty keybinds. I can't create a keybind on A+Up and A+Down regardless of the command.

Last edited by archosaurus (2020-02-26 05:42:17)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB