You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-26 07:02:12

millus

Fullscreen mouse randomly lags hard with video on extended screen

I play games in Lutris in fullscreen mode and have a second monitor attached that plays youtube at the same time.
This results in the mouse in-game getting random spikes of crazy lagging and getting stuck quite often, no longer turning for several seconds.
This only happens periodically, other times behaving completely fine, but it will happen quite frequently, essentially making the game unplayable.

The game itself runs completely fine at 144+ fps as usual and everything that happens apart from my mouse is displayed completely smooth.
Even if I turn down video quality to 480p it doesn't change anything.
The PC has very high specs, running i7-8700K and GTX 1080. Running XFCE desktop and NVidia drivers (not nouveau).
Main monitor is 1440p DP, second is 1200p HDMI. I use ARandr to set them up, with the second monitor being to the right of the primary one.

Now the funny part:
When I move the youtube browser window from the 2nd monitor to the primary monitor where I run the game, everything will be fine and mouse works 100% of the time as it should (even if video is running at highest quality). But since game is running in fullscreen I cannot see the youtube video if I do it like this, which is ok when it's just for background music but sometimes I want to watch some actual content on the side while gaming so I still need to get it fixed.
Just having any non-video content, just static web sites, on the 2nd monitor will not affect the mouse adversely. But as soon as I start a yt video the mouse a bit later will start its periodic outtakes.

Last edited by millus (2020-02-26 07:07:40)

Board footer