You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-27 06:52:00

robinx99
Member
Registered: 2020-02-27
Posts: 3

r8169=Wake on Lan not Working, r8168=netconf hook not working

Hi,
I have a stupid problem it seems more or less related to that one https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=243461

If I have the standard configuration an I power down the machine WoL does not work and the machine does not react at all.

If I install community/r8168 and set this in /etc/modrprobe.confd/r8168settings.conf
options r8168 s5wol=1

then WoL does work, but I also set up in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf the following
HOOKS=(base udev autodetect keyboard keymap consolefont modconf block  netconf tinyssh encryptssh lvm2 filesystems keyboard fsck)

And here is the problem as soon as I install community/r8168 netconf fails and reports no eth0
When I enter the password via keyboard everything works, but I can't enter it remotly

Did I miss anything? Do I have to put additional information anywhere? Are there any firmware files missing in the early start?

thanks for any advice anyone has

Offline

#2 2020-03-02 21:55:22

hkall
Member
Registered: 2019-11-11
Posts: 18

Re: r8169=Wake on Lan not Working, r8168=netconf hook not working

You have to explicitly enable WoL with r8169, see following link on how to do it.
-> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wake-on-LAN

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB