You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-28 01:00:25

d4rkr41
Member
Registered: 2020-02-28
Posts: 2

WLAN driver not working after reboot

Hey guys I'm in real trouble and I think I've already tried everything and got nothing.

I've been working on Arch for like 3 weeks, so I'm kinda new. I installed it with Windows 10 on the other half of the disk. I've had a lot of problems but until now I've been able to solve them all. But today I left the laptop in sleep for a few hours, and when I came back everything was fine. Then I rebooted to Windows and saw that my Wifi card wasn't working (again, I had solved it before by installing the right drivers on Arch, but now I don't know what happened) and I decided to boot Arch again to see if it wasn't working here either. It wasn't, and I tried to do pretty much everything I could, reinstalling drivers and looking on the forums, but it looks like my laptop just doesn't detect my Wifi card.
I checked the last upgraded packages but there was nothing suspicious:

[2020-02-27T09:09:44-0300] [ALPM] upgraded icu (65.1-2 -> 65.1-3)
[2020-02-27T09:09:53-0300] [ALPM] upgraded python-grpcio (1.27.2-1 -> 1.27.3-1)
[2020-02-27T09:09:53-0300] [ALPM] upgraded python-importlib-metadata (1.4.0-1 -> 1.5.0-1)
[2020-02-27T19:20:24-0300] [ALPM] upgraded freetype2 (2.10.1-1 -> 2.10.1-2)
[2020-02-27T19:20:24-0300] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-freetype2 (2.10.1-1 -> 2.10.1-2)
[2020-02-27T19:20:25-0300] [ALPM] upgraded libseccomp (2.4.1-3 -> 2.4.2-1)
[2020-02-27T19:20:25-0300] [ALPM] upgraded lib32-systemd (244.2-1 -> 244.3-1)
[2020-02-27T19:20:34-0300] [ALPM] upgraded libgphoto2 (2.5.23-1 -> 2.5.24-1)
[2020-02-27T19:20:34-0300] [ALPM] upgraded libnotify (0.7.8-1 -> 0.7.9-1)
[2020-02-27T19:20:34-0300] [ALPM] upgraded libqmi (1.24.4-1 -> 1.24.6-1)
[2020-02-27T19:20:41-0300] [ALPM] upgraded libreoffice-fresh (6.4.0-2 -> 6.4.1-1)
[2020-02-27T19:20:42-0300] [ALPM] upgraded libreoffice-fresh-es (6.4.0-1 -> 6.4.1-1)
[2020-02-27T19:20:43-0300] [ALPM] upgraded meson (0.53.1-1 -> 0.53.2-1)

dmesg doesn't find it either. lspci only shows my ethernet controller ('cause the wired network does work). It's like I just hadn't a Wifi card. Tried restarting NetworkManager too.
I really don't know what to do so I'd really appreciate a little help:)

Offline

#2 2020-02-28 07:52:16

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,395

Re: WLAN driver not working after reboot

Welcome to the boards

Sounds like invalid HW state in BIOS/UEFI. Did you already try powering off instead of rebooting? To be extra sure, remove the AC cable and the battery for a few secs.

Last edited by V1del (2020-02-28 07:52:34)

Offline

#3 2020-02-28 12:09:05

d4rkr41
Member
Registered: 2020-02-28
Posts: 2

Re: WLAN driver not working after reboot

V1del wrote:

Welcome to the boards

Sounds like invalid HW state in BIOS/UEFI. Did you already try powering off instead of rebooting? To be extra sure, remove the AC cable and the battery for a few secs.

Hi! Thank you so much for your answer... I actually shutdown the laptop yesterday and when I started it today it's totally fine... I'm gonna look into the problem you describe... Thank you again!

Offline

#4 2020-02-28 15:03:31

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,395

Re: WLAN driver not working after reboot

You might want to run/check a BIOS/EFI update, reboots should not usually leave HW in such a state. You should also ensure you disable fast boot on Windows: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Du … ibernation

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB