You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-01 17:31:11

Steo
Member
Registered: 2020-03-01
Posts: 22

Screen tearing in games with Navi (5700XT)

Hi. I've been using Arch for a while now. I was using a NVIDIA GPU with the closed source drivers, but I just got a new 5700XT. I have installed mesa-git, and I'm now having screen tearing in game, despite vsync being enabled.

I'm playing GTA V using Proton-5.1-GE-2, basically, enabling vsync does cap the framerate to 60fps on my TV, but it still has some screen tearing on the top quarter of the display. I tried using /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-amdgpu.conf with TearFree, but it makes Arch hang after it says it reached the graphical interface, so I had to remove it.

This was the contents of 20-amdgpu.conf:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "AMD"
    Driver "amdgpu"
    Option "TearFree" "true"
EndSection

If more info is needed, please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. smile

EDIT: I checked my xorg log file and it's reporting "no module named 'amdgpu'" for some reason.

EDIT2: Never mind, the solution was so simple. I had followed the wiki, but then I noticed in my other xorg log file, it wasn't named "amdgpu", it was actually all caps "AMDGPU". After changing 20-amdgpu.conf to read "Driver "AMDGPU"", TearFree is now working.

Last edited by Steo (2020-03-01 18:18:46)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB