You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Everytime I run
rebootcommand from console, in the logs I'm seeing in that same console before the computer reboots I see some fatal error highlighted in red. The reboot process happens so fast that there is no time for me to read the message. How can I access log of that messages, so that I can understand what is it about?
Last edited by no-cheating (2020-03-02 06:50:29)
Offline
"sudo journalctl -b -1", depending on when the error appears (very late, after the disks are synced) it might not end up in the journal.
In this case you could also film the monitor (have a tripod or some other fixation for the cam/smartphone)
Offline
I forgot to wrote - I have checked the journalctl's output and there is no text "fatal error" anywhere in the file, so it wasn't logged there. The idea about filming the monitor is good! ![]()
EDIT:
The solution with camera worked like a charm. The error was from my Xresources configuration, which I easily solved.
I still wonder though: Is there a way to see that messages (displayed in the console after executing reboot) somewhere in the logs?
Last edited by no-cheating (2020-03-02 18:19:33)
Offline
Pages: 1