You are not logged in.
I would like to have Unity on my machine. However, according to the wiki, it's really big. I don't want to install it in my root partition due to size constraints, so how do I build/install it into a different directory (preferably in my /home/)?
Is it as simple as excluding --install when running makepkg, and extracting the .pkg.tar.xz?
Thanks for your help!
Offline
Can't you just mount /opt/Unity from some other partition? Or use a bind mount.
Last edited by eschwartz (2020-03-05 20:32:44)
Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)
Offline
makepkg would build the package but not install it. If you then install the package using pacman -U will have the same result as makepkg --install. How are you envisaging installing the package?
If you are planning on using unity-editor it installs most of the contents under /opt/Unity you could bind mount some directory under /home to /opt or /opt/Unity .
Edit:
misread post
Last edited by loqs (2020-03-05 20:32:47)
Offline
Can't you just mount /opt/Unity from some other partition? Or use a bind mount.
makepkg would build the package but not install it. If you then install the package using pacman -U will have the same result as makepkg --install. How are you envisaging installing the package?
If you are planning on using unity-editor it installs most of the contents under /opt/Unity you could bind mount some directory under /home to /opt or /opt/Unity .
Edit:
misread post
Thanks, I'll try that
Offline