You are not logged in.
After updating chromium to 80 I noticed omnibox and context menus were using a weird font. I'm sure I need to update my font config but I'm not really sure what to do.
Here's what it looks like: https://imgur.com/6A5QBO1
You'll notice it's using emojis for numbers. It's also using tabs (or something like it) for spaces. Very strange. All web pages render correctly. The UI does not.
$ fc-match "sans-serif"
DejaVuSans.ttf: "DejaVu Sans" "Book"
$ fc-match "Segoe UI"
segoeui.ttf: "Segoe UI" "Regular"It should be working, but I can't seem to figure it out. NOTE: I already had "ttf-liberation" installed when I found the UI broken like this. I tried adding "ttf-windows" to get "Segoe UI" but that also did not work.
I also tried busting font cache and restart but it didn't help.
Any ideas? Thanks!
Last edited by film42 (2020-03-08 00:43:49)
Offline
Try creating a new profile (click the 'head' icon at the top right and follow the links) and see if that profile has the same problem. If not, then there's nothing wrong with your font configs but it's something in your chromium profile that's causing it.
Offline
Ok, so I figured it out. "Noto Emoji" font was getting priority somehow. I found that twitter was also broken and used the font "system-ui". I then used chrome inspector to show that it was using the Noto Emoji font for "system-ui". This was weird though because doing "fc-match "system-ui" still rendered "DejaVu Sans" like above. I changed the priority in my fontconfig and it's working great now. So strange to see chrome picking a different font than fc-match.
Offline