You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-23 13:52:07

aibars

Cannot map in Gnome just the Super key to toggle the search overview

Hi,

After some update apparently to Gnome, it seems that the keyboard shortcut to launch the search overview changed from ['<Super>'] (win key) to ['<Super>s'] .
While pressing Win + S works fine , I cannot map this action to the previous value. I modified the values in dconf editor to use just the Win key, but it does no effect. I also tried setting such mapping in the keyboard shortcuts section.

What could be possibly going on here that prevents me from having the old value set?

Thank you.

#2 2020-03-27 18:52:32

alen14

Re: Cannot map in Gnome just the Super key to toggle the search overview

Hi,

Same thing happened to me today. Check Tweaks > Keyboard & Mouse > Overview shortcut. If it's set to 'Right Super', change it to 'Left Super'.

Weird thing is it was set to 'Left Super' when I first opened the Tweaks, but the shortcut wasn't working as expected. Then I toggled the switch (and pressed a bunch of other shortcuts, but I don't think it's related) and got it working. Also, when I go to Keyboard Shortcuts, 'Show overview' is still mapped to 'Super+S' and I'm also unable to change it to just 'Super'.

EDIT: It seams to stop working once I switch from English layout to another layout. When I switch back to English layout, it starts to work again.

Last edited by alen14 (2020-03-27 19:53:27)

#3 2020-04-03 12:22:42

aibars

Re: Cannot map in Gnome just the Super key to toggle the search overview

Yes, I have already checked that but in my case, Left Super was already set.
Regarding the keyboard layouts, I have two defined: Spanish & English. The left super key does work when I switch to the Spanish keyboard, the other (English with dead keys) does not seem to work.
I'm pretty sure something broke recently in regards to the Super key.

Board footer