You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-31 21:14:11

Henry78

pikaur doesn't output build messages (anymore) [SOLVED]

Hi!

pikaur doesn't output any build messages anymore. I jut get no output after

:: Starting the build:

I' really puzzled, because I think I messed out some config, but can't find anything in the manpage. I appreciate if anybody can push me in the right direction.

Last edited by Henry78 (2020-04-04 11:02:41)

#2 2020-04-01 03:44:58

henno

Re: pikaur doesn't output build messages (anymore) [SOLVED]

I am having the same issue.

#3 2020-04-01 07:27:43

henno

I rebuilt and reinstalled pikaur and that fixed the issue for me.

#4 2020-04-01 07:35:24

Solène

I'm having the same issue: when I try to install any package, pikaur hangs and the package doesn't get installed at all.
Using the verbose pikaur -Sv minecraft-launcher (it doesn't work with any aur package) command, I get:

Do you want to edit PKGBUILD for minecraft-launcher package? [y/N] 
n

=> systemd-run --service-type=oneshot --pipe --wait --pty -p DynamicUser=yes -p CacheDirectory=pikaur -E HOME=/tmp mkdir -p /var/cache/private/pikaur/build/minecraft-launcher
=> systemd-run --service-type=oneshot --pipe --wait --pty -p DynamicUser=yes -p CacheDirectory=pikaur -E HOME=/tmp cp -r /var/cache/private/pikaur/aur_repos/minecraft-launcher/PKGBUILD /var/cache/private/pikaur/aur_repos/minecraft-launcher/last_installed.txt /var/cache/private/pikaur/aur_repos/minecraft-launcher/minecraft-launcher.desktop /var/cache/private/pikaur/aur_repos/minecraft-launcher/.gitignore /var/cache/private/pikaur/aur_repos/minecraft-launcher/.SRCINFO /var/cache/private/pikaur/build/minecraft-launcher/
=> systemd-run --service-type=oneshot --pipe --wait --pty -p DynamicUser=yes -p CacheDirectory=pikaur -E HOME=/tmp -p WorkingDirectory=/var/cache/pikaur/build/minecraft-launcher makepkg --packagelist

:: Starting the build:
=> systemd-run --service-type=oneshot --pipe --wait --pty -p DynamicUser=yes -p CacheDirectory=pikaur -E HOME=/tmp -p WorkingDirectory=/var/cache/pikaur/build/minecraft-launcher makepkg --force

in pikaur and in journalctl:

Starting /usr/bin/makepkg --force...
run-u157.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=1/HUP
run-u157.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Failed to start /usr/bin/makepkg --force.
SERVICE_START pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='unit=run-u157 comm="systemd" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal=? res=failed'

I hope someone has an idea, or more knowledge about systemd-run and the way pikaur works.

#5 2020-04-01 07:54:30

Solène

henno wrote:

Yeah same thanks ^^

#6 2020-04-02 21:22:13

henno

henno wrote:

I am having this issue again. I need to do more investigation.

EDIT: well that was a quick investigation. Running it with sudo up the front with an alias one one of my machines was causing the issue (i.e. sudo pikaur -S sompackage). Running it as the user fixed it entirely.

Last edited by henno (2020-04-02 21:38:11)

#7 2020-04-04 11:02:12

Henry78

henno wrote:

Running it with sudo up the front with an alias one one of my machines was causing the issue (i.e. sudo pikaur -S sompackage). Running it as the user fixed it entirely.

Thank you! Had an bash alias with sudo, completeley forgot about that.

Board footer