You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-03 11:45:12

LunaVorax

[GCC] -fsanitize=address isn't working

Hello everyone,

I've tried to compile my software with the -fsanitize=address flag with GCC, but I get the following error at link time:

/usr/local/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.3.0/../../../../lib/libasan_preinit.o: unable to initialize decompress status for section .debug_info
/usr/local/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.3.0/../../../../lib/libasan_preinit.o: unable to initialize decompress status for section .debug_info
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.3.0/../../../../lib/libasan_preinit.o: file not recognized: file format not recognized
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I don't know what is causing this error. After some web searching, I've found some post about downgrading packages to get this to work again.

I would like to know if it's a known bug, or if I'm missing something (missing package; having to recompile a package with some flags; etc.).

Best regards.

Board footer