You are not logged in.

#51 2006-09-26 21:01:25

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: will be prosecuted

Moo-Crumpus wrote:

No more posts from me to this topic. I am done.

Good.

Thank you everyone and good night!

Moo-Crumpus wrote:

We are far apart.

Indeed. Shame.

#52 2006-09-26 21:17:20

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Apologies for not posting to this thread earlier, I could have cleared it up a bit. At this point, I'm ignoring personal feelings for the most part, but I stand in phrakture's defense, a lot of the crap that's landed on him started with him standing in mine. DTW, in defending both of us has been touched with the same smell. Moo-Crumpus's responses seem pretty mulish to me, but from what little I understand of German, that's how it translates into English.

I'd like to reinstate Moo's original thread too because it is a topic that has been bothering me. Since the postcount++ going on here is here anyway, I'll summarize here for now:

There have been several posts lately by users more or less overstepping their bounds, taking on the "forum advising" role for themselves. Some of these posts we have agreed with and some have been in direct conflict with the forum regulations. Moo-Crumpus made a post that indirectly highlighted this fact in two ways, it was a link to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_dynamics

This highlighted the problem first because he's also noticed the issues and brought it to light. In my mind it also demonstrated that he was also trying to do an "acting forum advisor" type of post. I responded with a post outlining these issues, the post was not directed directly at Moo-Crumpus, although I did consider his post to be contributing to the problem. My mistake here was that I singled out one user, when there are several people doing things like this. I won't name any other names, except Cactus, who I'm sure will support me; I PM'd him about a similar "self-appointed moderator" post he'd made a while back, and we discussed the issue, never once mentioning tacos.

This needs further discussion and opinions from the community, but I would like to see fewer posts telling other users how they should act, and fewer posts telling everyone how to act. If their are posts that people find offensive, it may be better to PM one of us directly.

The thing I hate about this is the Us vs them mentality. All our moderators are community members that were asked to join the team, none of them volunteered for a stab at glory. We are all members of this community, we are not your opponents or your police. We are advisors, not moderators.

We work hard to keep things running as smoothly as possible and people don't like us for it. Let me assure you this is not a position of power for any of us. Its a great responsibility, and trying to keep everyone happy takes a certain amount of patience and diplomacy that none of us is capable of maintaning at all times.

Dusty

#53 2006-09-26 21:35:37

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

The original post has been restored to off-toic for reference but is locked for the time being - it may prompt some interesting discussion I think.

#54 2006-09-27 00:02:38

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Board footer