You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-17 05:11:19

carbohydrates

Very strange issue with audio after power cord is plugged in

Hello, I'm typing this from a Lenovo 11e.  Audio works great generally, using internal mic and speakers, or a headset with a mic.

However, if you ever plug in the power cord...audio goes straight from the microphone to the headset earpiece for no reason.  It stays like this until you restart the computer.  Unplugging the power cord is fine, and doesn't cause any problems.  The internal microphone/speakers don't seem to be affected, just the headset.

What could be happening here, and how might I fix it?

Here's my alsamixer; muting/changing things here doesn't seem to help

BGKspIu.png

and my asound.conf

pcm.!default {
	type asym
        playback.pcm "plug:softvol"
        capture.pcm "plug:dsnoop"
}

pcm.softvol {
	type softvol
        slave.pcm "dmix"
        control { name "PCM"; card 0; }
        max_dB 32.0
}

Thanks

#2 2020-04-17 06:44:09

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Very strange issue with audio after power cord is plugged in

Disable the loopback mix. Do you use a power saving daemon like TLP, laptop-mode tools, powertop or so?

#3 2020-04-17 18:55:15

carbohydrates

Disabling the loopback mix fixed it, thank you - seems like a very strange issue, I wonder what the source of it is...makes no sense for it to only become a problem after the power cord is plugged in!

And I don't use any power-saving daemons.

Do you think this might be a kernel or driver issue?  I feel like I should report this upstream somewhere...

#4 2020-04-17 19:12:53

V1del
Forum Moderator

Well technically it's the point/intention of the loopback mix to do precisely this, but it is indeed weird that it would only really trigger on power plug in. Does it stay disabled or does it "randomly" actively pop back up (FWIW to generally ensure that the setting sticks across reboots you should run

sudo alsactl store

)

Board footer