You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-20 07:55:55

heap1

Systemd hybrid-sleep problem

Hi, fellow Arch users.
I am relatively new to Arch Linux and am attempting to make my laptop utilize hybrid-sleep when reaching low battery levels.
So I've tried to use the "systemctl hybrid-sleep" command, but it is not working correctly.
The problem I am having is during booting back up.
I will explain what is happening: when awaking from hybrid-sleep my computer gives the BIOS splash screen before giving a white grid with black outlines in the same position where the BIOS splash screen logo appeared. Here it's obviously got stuck in some broken state, I know the OS is actually running, it seems to be only a graphical issue because I was able to open a terminal and type in "reboot" which then caused the machine to successfully reboot into a fresh instance of my Arch install. (What I was doing was not visually displayed on screen, I just used the keyboard as memorized.)

I'll close with a quick summary and some information that may be relevant, please let me know if there's anything more I can provide to help you debug my issue.
Problem: Graphical issue when system awakes from hybrid-sleep.
Notes: Swap is configured to allow hibernation. systemctl suspend/hibernate is working correctly.

Extra info:
- Using LTS kernel is not an option. (Wifi drivers do not work on LTS kernel)
- My laptop is a Dell XPS 13 7390

Thanks in advance for any help to resolve this issue.

#2 2020-04-20 08:32:32

heap1

Re: Systemd hybrid-sleep problem

Minor update. I've tried a couple more things:
1. Attempted to add "i915" to the MODULES variable
2. Attempted to change tty after waking up: the mentioned white and black grid gives some slight feedback upon visual changes. It's definitely just the graphics giving problems. And only with hybrid-sleep.

#3 2020-04-27 15:30:50

krystiancha

Have you tried disabling the "early dell logo display" in BIOS?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … )#S3_Sleep

#4 2020-06-06 19:23:45

samsagax

Hello there. I have the same problem with my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14. Hibernation works, suspend works but hybrid sleep doesnt work. From the logs I get it resumed fine but the screen is completely frozen. Maybe is a video issue related with intel?

I tried both with and without GuC/HuC support and nothing changed.
Tried newer power management of the Nvidia card and also nothing changed.

#5 2020-07-04 09:19:47

henrik_er

samsagax wrote:

Hello there. I have the same problem with my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14. Hibernation works, suspend works but hybrid sleep doesnt work. From the logs I get it resumed fine but the screen is completely frozen. Maybe is a video issue related with intel?

I tried both with and without GuC/HuC support and nothing changed.
Tried newer power management of the Nvidia card and also nothing changed.

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I have the exact same problem on my Lenovo Thinkpad X1E Gen1. Suspend and and Hibernate work, but when resuming from hybrid-sleep the screen is completely frozen. Not possible to switch to tty or unlock.
Issue persist with both modesetting and intel driver for xorg. Have tried with and without nvidia power management.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Henrik

#6 2020-09-06 18:04:44

giddie

I'm having this issue on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (7590) with Nvidia GTX 1650 dGPU. On resume from hybrid sleep it seems only the video output is broken - logs from the wake make it to permanent storage, and the system responds well to SysRq. When I reach "I" (SIGKILL), the screen goes black. So it seems to respond to the X server dying.

#7 2020-10-23 11:24:59

arfbtwn

Hi guys, have any of you found a solution to this problem? - I'm experiencing the same issue

#8 2021-01-13 16:11:09

speedyx
Website

Same issue here: Thinkpad X1 Extreme i7-9750H
Intel plus Nvidia proprietary driver

I love archlinux: the last STABLE kernel release + the last STABLE DE release + the last STABLE apps releases. The upstream developers decide what is STABLE.

#9 2021-04-30 00:27:17

arfbtwn

Hey guys, found this while searching for a solution. Could you all create an Nvidia account if you haven't got one already and add your details? With luck a bit of activity on it might get Nvidia's attention

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/i … p/140369/3

Board footer