You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-13 20:24:18

natervance

Changing cursor theme in Enlightenment

I'm running the Enlightenment DE, and am having trouble switching cursor themes; the default theme just isn't all that great, and some applications (e.g., Firefox) override it, which can be jarring.

As in the relevant wiki section, I attempted to change the theme through Enlightenment's settings panel. However, I found that the ability to "change the theme from Enlightenment to X" is missing from the Settings Panel -> Input -> Mouse dialogue.

I also attempted to set the theme via ~/.Xresources (going for Adwaita, which I have verified is installed in /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/cursors), however, this had no effect either.

Thanks for helping!

#2 2020-05-21 09:42:06

drtebi

Re: Changing cursor theme in Enlightenment

This works for me:
Enlightenment Settings → Input → Mouse, on the Cursor tab, choose "Application" for "E Theme".

With that setting, my cursor looks the same in all applications. It works on three computers that all have Enlightenment installed... should work on yours as well.

Also relevant may be what you have set in Enlightenment Settings → Application Theme. I have chosen Arc-Dark, and checked both "Match Enlightenment theme if possible" and "Enable X Application Settings".

'hope that helps.

Board footer