You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-23 16:17:24

archqt

KDE Plasma Icons disappeared from desktop [SOLVED]

Hi,
KDE didn't show my icons anymore on the desktop.
I have everything well in .local/share/plasma_icons
When i add an icon a new files appears in this folder and an icon too on the screen.
But all others files present in the folder  don't draw icons.
So there is another file that says where icons are on screen and which icons, but i couldn't find which file it was.
Any help to solve this ?
Sincerely

PS other time i deleted lot of folders but i m fed up of doing this all the time, as it sees to be  bug of plasma

Last edited by archqt (2020-05-24 12:47:20)

#2 2020-05-23 18:26:03

twelveeighty

Re: KDE Plasma Icons disappeared from desktop [SOLVED]

What exactly do you mean with your "PS": Did you delete a lot of folders and then this problem started, or, you've had this problem before and "deleting folders" somehow fixed it?

Also: please remove the "NOT SOLVED" from your title. We know it's not solved if it doesn't have the [SOLVED] tag.

Last edited by twelveeighty (2020-05-23 18:27:19)

#3 2020-05-23 18:59:26

stdcerr

archqt wrote:

Hi,

I don't even have such a directory on my system (plasma version 5.18.5 & yes, I have a couple of icons on my desktop, too).
Maybe someone else can confirm the presence or the absence of this directory...?
My desktop icons are stored as plasmoids instead.

#4 2020-05-23 19:31:36

archqt

twelveeighty wrote:

What exactly do you mean with your "PS": Did you delete a lot of folders and then this problem started, or, you've had this problem before and "deleting folders" somehow fixed it?

Also: please remove the "NOT SOLVED" from your title. We know it's not solved if it doesn't have the [SOLVED] tag.

I mean that i had this before, and to solve this i deleted some folders used by plasma BUT there should be another solution. As i have a folder with all desktop icons file into it, maybe with few things i can have them again back on my screen.

Of course if nobody can say where is the file that stores informations about icons then i will have to delete folders and start another icons installation on the desktop

#5 2020-05-23 19:33:08

archqt

stdcerr wrote:
archqt wrote:

Hi,

I don't even have such a directory on my system (plasma version 5.18.5 & yes, I have a couple of icons on my desktop, too).
Maybe someone else can confirm the presence or the absence of this directory...?
My desktop icons are stored as plasmoids instead.

To have icons on the screen i do drag&drop from menus to have a icon of this application on the screen. And a file appears in this folder.

If you do the same thing, where is this new icon entry then ?
thanks

#6 2020-05-24 12:46:27

archqt

I found which file it was
.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
But the old file was deleted

Board footer