You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-01 07:27:11

Hieronymus

Not able to run Miktex-Console as administrator

Hi,
I just installed Miktex from the miktex-git from AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/miktex-git/
and I can's change to the MikTeX Administrator mode, I get the following error message:

"No graphical sudo frontend is available. Please install 'pkexec', 'kdesu' (KDE) or 'gksu' (Gnome). Alternatively, you can enter 'sudo miktex-console --admin' in a terminal window."

However, when I entered "sudo miktex-console --admin" I got the message: "sudo: miktex-console: command not found"

Then I opened Texstudio and it gave me the message, that it could not find a Tex Installation.

Has anyone a suggestion what I could do to fix this issue?

#2 2020-06-01 09:32:59

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Not able to run Miktex-Console as administrator

miktex-console (or at least a symlink) isn't added to /usr/bin that's a bug/strange decision of the AUR package/maintainer, you might want to ask that on the AUR page.

Texstudio doesn't find a tex installation because the miktex implementation has been added to /opt so you might've to adjust the search paths here if that is possible.

Alternatively just use the repo texlive, is there a particular reason you use the miktex distribution?

Mod note: Moving to AUR issues.

#3 2020-06-01 11:19:49

Hieronymus

Thank you for the quick response, I could not find I formation how to add packages to texlive. Miktex offered a window where I could download and install packages automatically. Is there a way to install a gui for texlive or how can I add packages?

#4 2020-08-09 13:20:08

Lone_Wolf

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TeX_Live

Have you checked if texlive-most group  contains the additional packages you want to use ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer