You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-04 17:28:51

dglt

[SOLVED] moonlight-qt segfaults on launch after latest arch update

moonlight-qt has been working fine for months, after running an arch update this morning moonlight segfaults on launch. i ran an arch update yesterday morning and moonlight was working afterwards so it's something between then and now. i've tried a clearing any moonlight configurations in ~/.config and did a clean build with same result.  moonlight will launch with sudo without problems but thats obviously not ideal.

~ >>> moonlight                                                                                                                                                                                                    
00:00:00 - SDL Info (0): Compiled with SDL 2.0.12
00:00:00 - SDL Info (0): Running with SDL 2.0.12
00:00:00 - Qt Debug: using qt5ct plugin
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  moonlight
~ >>>     

tried reinstalling qt5 packages, same result. the appimage of moonlight does work but both moonlight-qt and moonlight-qt-git  build fine, both segfault on launch

Last edited by dglt (2020-06-05 15:35:27)

#2 2020-06-05 05:49:18

flocke

Re: [SOLVED] moonlight-qt segfaults on launch after latest arch update

Do you use qt5-styleplugins? I had the same problem with Qt5 apps segfaulting after the last update, but I just needed to rebuild qt5-styleplugins from the AUR and everything is working now.

#3 2020-06-05 05:55:35

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

It's your job to rebuild AUR packages against new libraries, not pacman's. As per the note: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ar … g_packages

Last edited by jasonwryan (2020-06-05 05:57:11)

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2020-06-05 15:34:18

dglt

flocke wrote:

Do you use qt5-styleplugins? I had the same problem with Qt5 apps segfaulting after the last update, but I just needed to rebuild qt5-styleplugins from the AUR and everything is working now.

i didnt have qt5-styleplugins installed before so i dont think this could be it but thanks for the reply.

jasonwryan wrote:

It's your job to rebuild AUR packages against new libraries, not pacman's. As per the note: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ar … g_packages

i did rebuild moonlight-qt after the update but the problem remained, this morning there was another update for qt5ct and now moonlight is working so i'm assuming it had to do with this package, thanks for the response. i'll edit topic as solved.

Board footer