You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-20 17:01:52

Lemanr

Getting WINE application to communicate with MATLAB

Hello everyone,

So I'm somewhat new to arch linux (less than a year) and I'm having trouble using MATLAB in conjunction with a program "TarheelCV" via WINE. From what I understand, when using Windows OS ActiveX is used to allow the program "TarheelCV" to use a .m script from MATLAB to do some data analysis. I'm getting an error which I think is fundamentally because I don't know how to get TarheelCV & MATLAB to communicate with each other. I'm also not sure where to go from here as I've tried to find the solution online.

The error from TarheelCV is read as:

"code: 1047             
LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. in PCR.vi- >analyze_data.vi

The analyze_data.vi & PCR.vi are programs being ran by TarheelCV.

To clarify, TarheelCV is being ran as a WINE program as there is no linux equivalent. MATLAB is not being ran via WINE and I'm not sure if that is part of the problem.

I don't think MATLAB wiki addresses the issue, if you decide to point me to it at least also point me to which section of that wiki will help me as I am fairly new.

Warning recovering help-vampire: Do not feed me help (July, 8th 2020)
Fully Recovered help-vampire big_smile (at some point late 2021)
Linux journey (approximately) Ubuntu -> Arch -> Debian -> Manjaro -> NixOs -> (attempted: unresolved hardware issues) gnu guix -> Gentoo -> Fedora -> Arch (current)

Board footer