You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-29 17:14:32

diesmond

hybrid suspend-hibernate not working when using NVIDIA graphics

Hi

I've bee setting up hibernate and suspend on my Lenovo Thinkpad P51.
I'm using optimus-manager for graphics switching with bbswitch to turn-off the NVIDIA graphics card when not in use.
Suspend and hibernate work perfectly both when using NVIDIA as well as Intel graphics.
However when I try setting up a hybrid suspend-hibernate mode (automatically save to disk when suspending) I can't get out of the suspend state anymore when using NVIDIA graphics.
After waking up from suspend my entire system is frozen and my fans ramp up.
The only thing I can do is hold down the power button until the system reboots.
Interestingly if I loose power while in suspend the state is still saved succesfully.
On Intel graphics it works fine. I can just wake up from suspend and when power is lost the state has been saved correctly.

I use the following settings in /etc/sytemd/sleep.conf:

SuspendMode=suspend
SuspendState=disk

I went through the journalctl output after an unsuccesful resume from suspend when using NVIDIA grpahics and the only thing that seemed relevant were these errors:

Jun 27 20:24:22 diegorenner kernel: nvidia-modeset: ERROR: GPU:0: Failed detecting connected display devices
Jun 27 20:24:22 diegorenner kernel: nvidia-modeset: ERROR: GPU:0: Failed detecting connected display devices

Should I post a larger output from the journalctl?

I tried the fix suggested in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NV … om_suspend
but with no success.

I use a swap partition and not a swap file.

Was anyone succesful at fixing something similar or is this just an NVIDIA bug?

Board footer