You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-03 08:02:41

enigmatic_jihad

[SOLVED] Could not find xorg-font-utils

Hello everyone, happy Friday,

I was trying to install some fonts from AUR. but I'm getting an error message saying

Could not find all required packages:
	xorg-font-utils (Wanted by: ttf-wps-fonts)

So tried to install xorg-font-utils but Pacman said there is no such package. I searched on google and find out this will be xorg-font-util with no "s", I install that, but that doesn't fix the problem. I again searched on google and noticed that there was a xorg-font-utils available on Arch packages but the page is removed now. Anyone can help me with this?

Last edited by enigmatic_jihad (2020-07-03 09:15:26)

#2 2020-07-03 08:10:00

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Could not find xorg-font-utils

The packages in question should be adjusted to depend on the thing they actually need instead of a meta package that includes a lot of unnecessary cruft, depending on which font exactly and what they want its likely you don't even need anything, case in point, I'm quite certain you can remove both of the dependencies of this package and it will work just fine, as in this particular case no font is being built but simply a prebuilt set installed.

#3 2020-07-03 09:14:51

enigmatic_jihad

V1del wrote:

The packages in question should be adjusted to depend on the thing they actually need instead of a meta package that includes a lot of unnecessary cruft, depending on which font exactly and what they want its likely you don't even need anything, case in point, I'm quite certain you can remove both of the dependencies of this package and it will work just fine, as in this particular case no font is being built but simply a prebuilt set installed.

Thanks, I just removed the dependencies & I got the font installed.

#4 2021-05-27 10:53:09

abiral

same problem here what dependencies did you remove?

nvm i got it

open the pkgbuild file and remove xorg dependency

Last edited by abiral (2021-05-27 10:58:24)

Board footer