You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-07 09:52:20

rezad

sshfs trash support on kde

I use sshfs to mount via ssh a drive that is on another device on lan.
when I use dolphin to access the files and try to delete a file on that drive, dolphin moves it to trash folder in my home drive and not on the remove drive.
so it moves a ,say, 1GB file via lan from remote to my local trash in home.
even though if I remove the .Trash from root of the remote drive I see it get recreated with this delete operation, the file doesn't move there but to my local home trash.

now I thought that sshfs doesn't support trash but today when I used the program Freefilesync (a sync program) I saw that it moves the deleted files on the remote to the correct trash folder on the remote.

what should I do so that dolphin does the same thing?

#2 2020-07-07 14:16:47

ewaller
Administrator

Re: sshfs trash support on kde

Hold down the shift key in dolphin when you delete the file.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2020-07-07 14:21:19

rezad

ewaller wrote:

Hold down the shift key in dolphin when you delete the file.

no I dont want to delete the files.

I want to move them to trash folder on the remote drive.

freefilesync does that.
dolphin moves to local trash. so the whole file gets moved over lan to my ssd on laptop, which is not what i want,

#4 2020-07-07 14:31:19

ewaller
Administrator

Sorry, I misunderstood.   In my defense,

delete a file on that drive, dolphin moves it to trash folder in my home drive and not on the remove drive.

is a bit ambiguous.  I saw 'delete', but was blind to the last 6 words smile

Whether or not this is the desired behavior, it does sound like a bug.  That it would create the trash folder on the remote device, then not use it seems wrong.  I have not used dolphin in years; does it exhibit the correct behavior with other remote file systems? Samba, NFS? Does it do the right thing on removable drives, like USB flash drives?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2020-07-07 14:48:32

rezad

other remote drives ? I dont know I dont use them.
usb and usb hdd drive? yes sure. on them it acts correctly.

Board footer