You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-29 21:51:53

asportking

Focusrite Scarlett Solo randomly disconnecting

I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface that I use for audio, which until now has worked remarkably well without any sort of configuration necessary. Over the past week however, the interface has begun to randomly disconnect. All the lights stay on, so it's still receiving power somehow, but it doesn't show up under lsusb. When this happens, I can usually fix it by unplugging the interface and plugging it back in - sometimes it will work with the same USB port, other times I'll need to connect to a different one. I don't have this problem with any of my other USB devices, so it seems unlikely that this is a problem with the USB ports more generally. I've also never had this issue when booting into Windows, so it seems likely that this is Arch-specific. Any suggestions on what this could be? Is there something more low-level than lsusb that I can try looking at when this disconnect happens, so that I can figure out where the problem is coming from?

#2 2020-07-30 10:14:29

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Focusrite Scarlett Solo randomly disconnecting

Do you get any messages in your kernel logs? like dmesg or journalctl -k or so when the disconnect happens?

Board footer