You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-07 02:30:11

twiistedkaos

Nvidia beta drivers

How stable are they? I hear you no longer need Xgl for the awesome effects so I am thinking I may switch to them just to get rid of Xgl. I just want the general stability check before I update. I don't feel much like pissing with X because beta drivers rarely work with ease for me xD

#2 2006-10-07 12:20:14

test1000

Re: Nvidia beta drivers

for me: the "official" nvidia beta drivers from archlinux(some forum atleast?) didn't work. But the installer from nvidia.com worked. Stability is the same as the stable drivers.

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#3 2006-10-07 12:36:38

yankees26

The beta drivers from the topic on this forum work for me fine.  Although, I have yet to test any 3D stuff.

#4 2006-10-07 20:33:07

aquila_deus
Website

twiistedkaos wrote:

How stable are they? I hear you no longer need Xgl for the awesome effects so I am thinking I may switch to them just to get rid of Xgl. I just want the general stability check before I update. I don't feel much like pissing with X because beta drivers rarely work with ease for me xD

There is a known bug that your beryl/compiz window will become black after running out of video RAM (it can't use agpgart). If you have a lot of RAM (128+) then it's worth using. The window-content blurring in beryl works great with beta driver.

Board footer