You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-13 16:54:45

BakkFail

KDE problems with suspending

Hi everyone,

I installed Arch ~2 months ago (with KDE, on an ASUS ROG laptop with NVIDIA proprietary drivers) and I have a persistent and quite annoying problem. Whenever I suspend my computer and then come back, KDE has several problems, including feeling slower. System settings are also a bit broken (some areas are black, such as the side panel and the "General Behavior" settings), but the most annoying bug is that the screen locker doesn't show up anymore (except the one just after suspending), showing the desktop (but without any interaction with it being possible) or a black screen with only the mouse.
After a lot of search, most workarounds (which I tried, didn't work) implied problems with Kwin, but I tried disabling compositing before suspending and I still have my problems.

Any ideas ? I'd be grateful if someone know how to fix this !

systemsettings infos :

Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml" and "file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml"
file:///usr/share/kpackage/genericqml/org.kde.systemsettings.sidebar/contents/ui/SubCategoryPage.qml:141:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/share/kpackage/genericqml/org.kde.systemsettings.sidebar/contents/ui/SubCategoryPage.qml:131:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/RefreshableScrollView.qml:143:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/RefreshableScrollView.qml:143:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml" and "file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml"
QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
QQuickWidget: Failed to make context current
QQuickWidget::resizeEvent() no OpenGL context
QQuickWidget: Failed to make context current
QQuickWidget: Attempted to render scene with no context
QQuickWidget::invalidateRenderControl could not make context current

kscreenlocker_greet infos:

août 13 18:53:22 pc-bakk kscreenlocker_greet[12862]: Qt: Session management error: networkIdsList argument is NULL
août 13 18:53:22 pc-bakk kscreenlocker_greet[12862]: file:///usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/lockscreen/LockScreen.qml:52:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
août 13 18:53:22 pc-bakk kscreenlocker_greet[12862]: kf.package: No metadata file in the package, expected it at: "/home/bakk/Pictures/"
août 13 18:53:22 pc-bakk kscreenlocker_greet[12862]: kf.package: No metadata file in the package, expected it at: "/home/bakk/Pictures/"
août 13 18:53:22 pc-bakk kscreenlocker_greet[12862]: file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.image/contents/ui/main.qml:76:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to QStringList
août 13 18:53:22 pc-bakk kscreenlocker_greet[12862]: file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.image/contents/ui/main.qml:75:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to int

Last edited by BakkFail (2020-08-13 17:23:55)

#2 2020-08-13 17:04:40

d_fajardo

Re: KDE problems with suspending

There has been a lot of discussion regarding this. Has to do with KDE and nvidia 450 driver.

Edit: Also avoid appending 'Help' in the title of your post. Everyone here already knows that you need help.

Last edited by d_fajardo (2020-08-13 17:08:04)

#3 2020-08-13 17:33:36

BakkFail

Hi and thanks for the quick reply !
Okay, i'll try downgrading my nvidia driver then, and if it doesn't work well... I'll be waiting for the update

#4 2020-08-13 17:53:10

BakkFail

So the driver downgrade worked well ! I'll be waiting for NVIDIA to fix the bug before upgrading my drivers again.

Thanks d_fajardo !

#5 2020-08-13 17:54:08

d_fajardo

It's tricky to downgrade nvidia drivers since they are pretty much bound to the current kernel. Personally I just avoid suspend for now.
Nvidia is working on it (i hope, that's what they said on their last email to me) and there's a good follow-up in the KDE Bug side.

#6 2020-08-13 17:56:17

BakkFail

Fortunately, I'm using DKMS so I don't think that's much of an issue, for now it seems to work.

Board footer