You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-05 04:57:31

Hacksaurus_Babu

Using wrong microphone, (using internal microphone not external)

Hello,

This problem didn't exist for some time in Arch Linux, and all of sudden is happening to me. This might of have been caused by an update but I am not entirely sure.

When I am on Arch Linux on my laptop, when I plug my wired headphones the sound still comes through the headphones, but it does not use the correct microphone. It still uses the microphone that is attached to the laptop.
I can confirm that this is not a hardware issue because when I boot to Windows on the same laptop, it uses the correct microphone and sound still works.

Any ideas where this issue could be coming from?, again this was never an issue for when I first installed Arch Linux on this laptop.

#2 2020-09-05 12:40:26

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Using wrong microphone, (using internal microphone not external)

Likely the kernel and there were a lot of jack sensing work in ~5.6 series of kernels, Can you define when it worked last and when it broke?

#3 2020-09-05 19:42:45

Hacksaurus_Babu

I can't remember when this issue happened, (this is because the only times I really use mic is when I game, and I'm usually on Windows then). But if I had to give a time estimate I think it is between 1 and 2 months ago. I think you might be on the right track with the kernel because I checked my pulseaudio packages and I don't think anything changed with them.

#4 2020-09-13 20:43:30

Hacksaurus_Babu

Hey, I am just going to bump because I think u have some good info V1del.

Board footer