You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-14 08:57:50

Desdra

Screen colors not the same as in Windows

Hi,

I have recently bought an XPS 15 9500 and I immediately installed Arch on it but I have been dealing with color issues with the screen ever since.
They are very different on Linux and on windows and nothing that I could think of solved the problem. In Windows, the color are great but in Linux they seem a little oversaturated and the white balance is off (I can kinda fix it with redshift by setting it to 7000K but this solution doesn't seem like the right one). I have tried applying many different icc profiles both found on windows (in the dell color management software files) and on the internet but nothing fixed the issue. I think that Windows might be doing some magic with the display but I couldn't figure out what.

Do anyone have an idea of what is going on and how to fix the issue ?

#2 2021-02-05 12:47:20

rickykresslein
Website

Re: Screen colors not the same as in Windows

Hey,

I'm having the same issue with the same laptop. When I was using KDE Plasma it was fixed by installing "gnome-color-manager", but now that I'm using Gnome 3.38.3 that package comes installed with Gnome shell and doesn't seem to fix the issue. I've tried setting other color profiles as well but nothing seems to fix it. Still searching for a solution for Gnome, so hopefully someone finds this and has an idea, because there don't seem to be many people talking about this online as far as I can tell.

Edit: Right after I posted the above I found out the reason I seem to be having this issue with Gnome is because Gnome defaults to Wayland and this seems to be a Wayland issue: https://discuss.pixls.us/t/wayland-colo … /10804/472

Last edited by rickykresslein (2021-02-05 14:12:41)

Board footer