You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-18 14:40:04

sweetthdevil

NAS Music Server

Hello Arch users,

I am currently using Google Play Music, uploaded all my music collection of more than 22,000 songs but it's obviously going to be shut down and after trying Youtube Music I am in need of a replacement to be able to play my music from anywhere.

I currently have a NAS running Archlinux hosting all my media to use throughout the house. However, after searching the web for a replacement to Google Play Music I can't find what I am looking for, so I am now looking at turning the NAS as my own cloud music server.

One of the key points would be a lightweight app as the NAS isn't very powerful and something that I can widely especially with a Android Auto compatible media player.

Any suggestion?

#2 2020-09-18 14:42:39

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Re: NAS Music Server

How does the CPU-power of the NAS factor in?  Unless it's running really CPU-intensive stuff, you're using it to stream small files to various devices, no?

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#3 2020-09-18 15:22:39

sweetthdevil

Hi graysky,

Thank you for your reply, it's not just the CPU it's also the ram that is low. I am already running few services on it that's it.

#4 2020-09-18 17:50:10

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

In any case, I would think streaming music would be pretty a light load.  Find out what requirements are on your player end and then look at a Linux solution that serves up that particular content.

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

Board footer