You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-26 13:39:39

graphical

Thinkpad Helix 2nd gen - Broadwell-rt286 sound card issue

Hello,

I had audio working a while back on a clean install of arch, but there was a problem with kWorker that needed to be rectified.
There was a lot of acpi interrupts that were happening and it was bogging down my cpu (gpe0B). I made a systemd service to disable gpe0B and all was well.

Then on powertop I saw that snd_hda_intel was using 100%, with 600mA power draw (supposedly).
I disabled it and powertop no longer lists snd_hda_intel or anything related to realtek. The USB sound card (in my pro keyboard dock) is still listed and the speakers in it play clean audio.

The problem is that I had somehow shut off the chipset and now no matter how many times I reinstall any distro the sound is still jarbled. Anything coming from rt286 is incoherent and filled with noise.
I tried messing around with alsamixer, with pulsemixer, with pavucontrol. I need to somehow reenable snd_hda_intel and I have no idea what commands I used in the first place as this was about a month ago. Can't believe reinstalling a distro doesn't fix it.

Didn't know whether to post it here or in Newbie Corner. Will post results of all commands as requested.
Thank you very much for your time.

Board footer