You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-12 23:49:56

lakso

Wine keeps crashing

I think this is the right place to post this.

I'm trying to use Arturia software (Arturia Analog Lab) with Wine, it generally works great until I try to move a knob and then it crashes. This is the backtrace if it's helpfull, it also has my system information on the bottom.
I suspect it may be because I'm lacking the lib32-gst-plugins-bad and lib32-gst-plugins-ugly packages, could this be? If so, how can I get them? Because the AUR packages seem to be broken.

#2 2020-10-13 00:04:08

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Wine keeps crashing

According to this one test result that program simply doesn't work very well: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. … &iId=39349

#3 2020-11-27 08:12:44

Desverger

lakso wrote:

I think this is the right place to post this.

I'm trying to use Arturia software (Arturia Analog Lab) with Wine, it generally works great until I try to move a knob and then it crashes. This is the backtrace if it's helpfull, it also has my system information on the bottom.
I suspect it may be because I'm lacking the lib32-gst-plugins-bad and lib32-gst-plugins-ugly packages, could this be? If so, how can I get them? Because the AUR packages seem to be broken.

I'm having exactly the same problem with Arturia Mini V. However, I see many forum posts and such saying that it (and the rest of the Arturia V Collection) works great.

Did you find a solution?

#4 2020-11-27 08:55:37

seth

I see many forum posts and such saying

Many forum posts. Great forum posts. So many forum posts. Maybe the most forum posts ever.
People come to me and tell me: "Sir! Those are the best forum posts". They come to me and, can you believe it? Some are, those are strong big men, but really, some are crying and tell me that there are so many great forum posts.
Maybe there will never, and really, this is almost sacred to me, never be as many forum posts.

Back in reality-land, you the OP and the winehq reporter are the available data and you all face the exact same problems.
That's hardly coincidence (cause the universe is rarely so lazy)

Are those forum posts maybe talking about version 3?
Do they mention which windows version is (not) emulated?
Or which native dlls had to be used?
Anything?

Board footer