You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-22 05:56:06

tofiffe

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard not reconnecting after disconnect

I have a mouse and keyboard, that I paired via bluetooth (MX Master 3, MX Keys), and they work fine when initially paired.

If I however switch the PC connection (via the buttons on mouse/keyboard), or turn them off and back on the bluetooth connection is no longer established until I remove the device and re-pair it.

I've attempted to trust the devices before pairing and it didn't help, I've also edited /etc/bluetooth/main.conf to uncomment and enable "AutoEnable=true", but no success. Restarting bluetooth service doesn't help either.

While in bluetoothctl I can see the devices beng discovered along with their signal, but the connection never completes.

One thing I suspect might be a reason is something in the kernel, as the same keyboard and mouse worked flawlessly a few days ago, but now it no longer works on the laptop either (same issue).
Worth noting is that the keyboard and mouse still work with a windows laptop.

Is there a way to fix this? Should I wait for a possible kernel upgrade?

Last edited by tofiffe (2020-10-22 05:56:47)

#2 2020-10-30 22:18:08

Resister

Re: Bluetooth mouse and keyboard not reconnecting after disconnect

Same problem.  Had to switch to LTS to get it working. Which is probably for the best.

`sudo pacman -S linux-lts`
`sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg`

reboot and choose linux-lts option from the grub menu

#3 2020-10-31 06:50:16

tofiffe

Re: Bluetooth mouse and keyboard not reconnecting after disconnect

Unfortunately, using linux-lts breaks gnome for me, so it's not a viable fix. Additionally, 5.10 is supposed to be the next LTS, so if this issue persists in 5.10 the LTS will not fix this either

Board footer