You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-16 10:14:19

raphaelkabo

"When laptop lid closed" option missing from PowerDevil settings (KDE)

I'm running KDE on a ThinkPad T495, and I've had a longstanding problem where the machine does not suspend when the laptop lid is closed. Anecdotally, I think it does suspend sometimes, maybe after a considerable delay.

Yesterday I noticed that the option to control what happens when the lid is closed is missing from PowerDevil entirely:

Screenshot_20201116_094645.png

Does this have anything to do with my issue, and is there a fix for it?

I also tried uncommenting and then editing the following three options in /etc/systemd/logind.conf to both 'suspend' and 'ignore', but it changed nothing, and I presume that PowerDevil is inhibiting them from being acted on anyway:

HandleLidSwitch=ignore # and suspend
HandleLidSwitchExternalPower=ignore # and suspend
HandleLidSwitchDocked=ignore # and suspend

I also checked the output of systemd-inhibit --list:

➜ sudo systemd-inhibit --list
WHO            UID  USER    PID  COMM            WHAT                                                                       WHY                                                        MODE 
NetworkManager 0    root    837  NetworkManager  sleep                                                                      NetworkManager needs to turn off networks                  delay
UPower         0    root    3091 upowerd         sleep                                                                      Pause device polling                                       delay
PowerDevil     1000 raphael 3348 org_kde_powerde handle-power-key:handle-suspend-key:handle-hibernate-key:handle-lid-switch KDE handles power events                                   block
Screen Locker  1000 raphael 3294 ksmserver       sleep                                                                      Ensuring that the screen gets locked before going to sleep delay

4 inhibitors listed.

Board footer