You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-25 17:22:15

Lemanr

[Solved] Lenovo Thinkpad T560 primary & secondary battery not charging

Hello all!

So I had solved a problem on the T560 that I thought was odd & I didn't find this solution directly on the internet. Anyway what worked for me was simply to take out the secondary battery, wait for primary to charge until it reached it's threshold (I have at 90%). Then I put the secondary battery back in and now it's charging.

Overall I'm not sure how the hardware handles the electricity in the laptop so I don't know if the issue is that the charger tries to charge both of them at one time & fails at doing this. My laptop was bought on amazon as like new if I remember correctly so my charger is either the original one or a compatible one which could explain how the issue began.

Other things I did before the solution was taking out secondary battery and holding power button for 40 seconds & downloaded TLP to see if I had some threshold setting issue. These didn't seem to make a difference however I did get to set the threshold for the secondary battery to 90% which was nice.

Last edited by Lemanr (2020-11-25 17:24:49)

Warning recovering help-vampire: Do not feed me help (July, 8th 2020)
Fully Recovered help-vampire big_smile (at some point late 2021)
Linux journey (approximately) Ubuntu -> Arch -> Debian -> Manjaro -> NixOs -> (attempted: unresolved hardware issues) gnu guix -> Gentoo -> Fedora -> Arch (current)

Board footer