You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-27 14:11:26

gtf21
Member
Registered: 2020-06-28
Posts: 18
Website

[SOLVED] gnome-keyring-daemon keeps filling the logs

My x-sessions are started by LightDM (using i3wm as the wm). I'm using gnome-keyring to do all sorts of secrets management, but have commented out the lines in `/etc/pam.d/login` to do with initialising it.

Every second I get the following in the logs (`sudo journalctl -fx`):

Nov 27 14:02:09 anaximander gnome-keyring-daemon[1060]: The PKCS#11 component was already initialized
Nov 27 14:02:09 anaximander gnome-keyring-daemon[1060]: The SSH agent was already initialized
Nov 27 14:02:09 anaximander gnome-keyring-daemon[1060]: The Secret Service was already initialized
Nov 27 14:02:09 anaximander gnome-keyring-daemon[1060]: The PKCS#11 component was already initialized
Nov 27 14:02:10 anaximander gnome-keyring-daemon[1060]: The SSH agent was already initialized
Nov 27 14:02:10 anaximander gnome-keyring-daemon[1060]: The Secret Service was already initialized

The keyring seems to work perfectly, gets unlocked on login as expected, yet this noise is preventing me finding anything useful in my logs more generally.

Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? I have searched around but found nothing pertinent to this problem exactly.

Last edited by gtf21 (2020-11-28 17:01:46)

Offline

#2 2020-11-28 16:18:23

gtf21
Member
Registered: 2020-06-28
Posts: 18
Website

Re: [SOLVED] gnome-keyring-daemon keeps filling the logs

I found the problem! I was initialising gnome-keyring-daemon in my dotfiles *as well as* pam etc..

Offline

#3 2020-11-28 16:36:35

Khere
Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2020-03-04
Posts: 73

Re: [SOLVED] gnome-keyring-daemon keeps filling the logs

If you have solved the issue close the topic,


Fan of Giorgio Moroder & Mohammad Ammax enemy

Offline

#4 2021-01-20 16:24:17

DAC324
Member
Registered: 2020-03-12
Posts: 35

Re: [SOLVED] gnome-keyring-daemon keeps filling the logs

gtf21 wrote:

I found the problem! I was initialising gnome-keyring-daemon in my dotfiles *as well as* pam etc..

Sorry for chiming in that late but could you provide us with more detail?

Offline

#5 2021-01-20 19:49:43

gtf21
Member
Registered: 2020-06-28
Posts: 18
Website

Re: [SOLVED] gnome-keyring-daemon keeps filling the logs

DAC324 wrote:

Sorry for chiming in that late but could you provide us with more detail?

Sure, basically I had these lines in my zshenv: https://github.com/gfarrell/dotfiles/co … 54c34200e7, so lightdm was initialising the keyring daemon, but I was also initialising it here. Removing this extra initialisation as per that commit fixed the problem for me.

Offline

#6 2021-01-21 10:31:28

DAC324
Member
Registered: 2020-03-12
Posts: 35

Re: [SOLVED] gnome-keyring-daemon keeps filling the logs

gtf21 wrote:
DAC324 wrote:

Sorry for chiming in that late but could you provide us with more detail?

Sure, basically I had these lines in my zshenv: https://github.com/gfarrell/dotfiles/co … 54c34200e7, so lightdm was initialising the keyring daemon, but I was also initialising it here. Removing this extra initialisation as per that commit fixed the problem for me.

OK, thanks a lot. Then indeed, my situation is different here as it does not look like gnome-keyring-daemon being called again in my dotfiles.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB