You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-29 01:19:39

JW-Hata

Conky/Conky Manager not connecting?

I'm stumped and can't seem to find an answer online, if someone can give me a hand or point me in a direction.

I have Conky ver 1.11.5 installed and conky-manager 2.4 instaleld.
If I run conky, up pops the basic widget. (if I click anywhere on the desktop, the widget closes, but that's the next issue I'll tackle)
If i run conky-manger (I've tried with conky already running and not), the gui shows up. However, nothing happens when I click anything really. Following walkthroughs and instructions online, everyone seems to be able to click different themes and a "preview" will pop up on desktop as long as they click the checkmark beside said theme. For me, nothing shows up.

Can anyone give me a tip or a hand?

Kept digging, changing to own_window_type to override has the widget stay properly. It doesn't disappear anymore, but I still can't seem to get the manager to affect any changes on the widget.

I CAN edit the conky.conf file which I changed the window type to override. So I do have a workaround, however, it will bother me that I haven't been able to get this particular glitch (likely user error I'm sure) fixed. as opposed to just manually tweaking everything through the conf file.

Last edited by JW-Hata (2020-11-29 02:25:56)

#2 2020-11-29 03:45:54

kermit63

Re: Conky/Conky Manager not connecting?

The issue with conky-manager not showing default themes was discussed here.

Board footer