You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-14 23:08:57

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

I'm done!

This is a totally uninformative "I did it" post. I just installed alsa and got sound set up, installed tux racer and the 1.1.1 patch, and I am totally finished setting up arch Linux. It took over a month, but let's blame dialup for that. wink

I want to thank the developers for designing the only distro that totally suits me, now I don't have to do it. I want to thank the maintainers for keeping the packages up to date and out of conflict. I want to thank the contributers for such a wide array of packages, I hardly had to install anything locally. I want to thank the people who helped me with some of the problems I had getting familiar with Arch. I want to thank the authors of the few howtos that have been written. I want to thank the people who embarrassed me, and the person who insulted me, I'm much more cautious about what I say now, and moe importantly, I have a little more humility. smile

The best things about Arch are the ability to choose betwee binaries and source installs (pacman and ABS), and the ability to easily integrate a source-based install into the package management system. It is a completely extensible distro.

Dusty

#2 2004-02-14 23:34:04

sarah31
Website

Re: I'm done!

good job.... with respect to the patch you mention .... is that for tuxracer? is it open source? can you post the patch?

you may also want to post a bug report about that patch. as the former maintainer of tuxracer i was not aware of it.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-02-15 02:05:31

d3c3it
Website

ditto, the last thing ive got to do is get samba and set that up, apart from that im sorted, woo big_smile

"Covered in blood, Cant understand" - Biffy Clyro

#4 2004-02-15 02:59:22

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

sarah31 wrote:

good job.... with respect to the patch you mention .... is that for tuxracer? is it open source? can you post the patch?

Sorry, I misworded that. I have the 1.1 (purchased) version of tux racer. There is a problem with it on linux (something to do with glx) and there is a patch available from the tuxracer site to fix it. The patched version is called 1.1.1.

Dusty

Board footer