You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-05 07:39:46

Yann21

Best ways to contribute to Arch Linux?

Hello,
People here were kind enough to answer a few of my posts about technical issues and I thought it was time to give back.
What do you think are the best ways for a beginner+ to contribute to the project (bonus points if I can learn something new)?

I was thinking about packaging a couple of AUR programs that already exist just not in the repos.

Last edited by Yann21 (2020-12-05 07:40:48)

#2 2020-12-05 08:35:07

lahwaacz
Wiki Admin

Re: Best ways to contribute to Arch Linux?

There are various ways described on the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Getting_involved

#3 2021-02-05 20:26:47

bezdor

Re: Best ways to contribute to Arch Linux?

Yann21 wrote:

Hello,
People here were kind enough to answer a few of my posts about technical issues and I thought it was time to give back.
What do you think are the best ways for a beginner+ to contribute to the project (bonus points if I can learn something new)?

I was thinking about packaging a couple of AUR programs that already exist just not in the repos.

I am in a similar position. lahwasscz's link to the Getting Involved page is great. Packaging programs for the AUR is a great way to learn something new and contribute. Participating in the Newbie Corner and Installation boards is a great way to help people switch to Arch.

Board footer