You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-09 14:06:37

bjornp_

Vulkan errors when setting game to fullscreen

I’ve tried to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider today. The game launches fine in windowed mode, but not in fullscreen mode. If I set the game to fullscreen after launching it in windowed mode it also crashes. The error I get is “Vulkan call failed: -4”.

I use Linux 5.10.5-arch1.1 and Nvidia 460.23.03 in a prime offloading configuration, both the latest versions in the stable repos. I have tested this on i3wm (my main) and on lxde. Both have the issue as described. I have also tested with linux-lts and nvidia-lts, with no success. Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Edit: it appears that Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider show similar issues. TR works but is unstable, RofTR has exactly the same issues except the crashing part; it just displays black. My setup is configured for prime offloading, and it seems that the display connected to my iGPU works in fullscreen, while the display connected to my dGPU doesn't. I think the issue might have something to do with the recent nvidia prime display output issues, discussed here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=262208. I sadly do not own any other vulkan games for which I can try this out; but I think the issue is a vulkan one

Last edited by bjornp_ (2021-01-09 14:25:24)

Fun fact: I actually have no clue what I'm doing

Board footer