You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-25 03:16:11

danym
Website

Pipewire and redirecting music to Google Meet.

Hi!
I'm running an up to date Arch Linux laptop with KDE.
Recently, I decided to try Pipewire-pulse following instruction in the wiki.  Everything seemed to work at first.
As i'm a teacher and have to use Google Meet to teach online, i sometimes need to stream some music from local files to my students using Google Meet. 
While doing that, i simply use Pavucontrol and while being on recording tab, i switch from "built-in audio analog stereo" to "monitor of built-in audio analog stereo" and my students hear what i hear in my headphone.

Using Pipewire-pulse, i'm not able to do that.  There's a monitor option in recording tab in Pavucontrol, but it's unselectable.

I revert back to Pulseaudio, but am tempting to find the solution.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

sin² x + cos² x = 1

#2 2021-03-06 18:59:45

Aroun

Re: Pipewire and redirecting music to Google Meet.

Hi!

I have the same issue, I cannot redirect any recording app to a "monitor" interface in pavucontrol since I switched to pipewire.
I guess I have to revert back to pulseaudio for now.
I would be interested to know about a fix.

Thanks !

#3 2021-11-12 00:57:15

higuita

Try using catia (https://kx.studio/Applications:Catia) , it allow you to control the audio in pipewire as it was jack, and so redirect the software output to the monitor or input

#4 2021-11-12 08:37:40

icar

#5 2021-11-12 08:54:52

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

As previously mentioned catia and helvum work. qjackctl is what I use since I previously used it for jack

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#6 2021-11-12 14:42:14

progandy

This thread was started in janurary. Since then the monitor recording bug should have been fixed: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire … 1fab38ad6e

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

Board footer