You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-27 19:07:35

JayDoe

XeLaTeX (texlive) cannot find existing font

Hi,
I had to change my working environment for my thesis from my institutes to my private notebook, since I leave the institute. Now I am panicking a bit, since I can't run my XeLaTeX (texlive) file anymore. Sorry if this is a trivial question...

The problem is a missing font:

% latexmk -xelatex Thesis.tex
Thesis.xdv -> Thesis.pdf
[1][2][3
xdvipdfmx:warning: Object @page.1 already defined.
xdvipdfmx:fatal: Cannot proceed without the font: /usr/share/fonts/mathjax2/HTML-CSS/Gyre-Pagella/woff/GyrePagellaMathJax_Symbols-Regular.woff

No output PDF file written.

However, if I check the folder, the file exists...

% ls  /usr/share/fonts/mathjax2/HTML-CSS/Gyre-Pagella/woff/
GyrePagellaMathJax_Alphabets-Regular.woff     GyrePagellaMathJax_Main-Regular.woff	  GyrePagellaMathJax_Normal-Regular.woff     GyrePagellaMathJax_Size1-Regular.woff  GyrePagellaMathJax_Size6-Regular.woff     texgyrepagella-math.otf
GyrePagellaMathJax_Arrows-Regular.woff	      GyrePagellaMathJax_Marks-Regular.woff	  GyrePagellaMathJax_Operators-Regular.woff  GyrePagellaMathJax_Size2-Regular.woff  GyrePagellaMathJax_Symbols-Regular.woff   texgyreschola-math.otf
GyrePagellaMathJax_DoubleStruck-Regular.woff  GyrePagellaMathJax_Misc-Regular.woff	  GyrePagellaMathJax_SansSerif-Regular.woff  GyrePagellaMathJax_Size3-Regular.woff  GyrePagellaMathJax_Variants-Regular.woff  texgyretermes-math.otf
GyrePagellaMathJax_Fraktur-Regular.woff       GyrePagellaMathJax_Monospace-Regular.woff   GyrePagellaMathJax_Script-Regular.woff     GyrePagellaMathJax_Size4-Regular.woff  texgyrebonum-math.otf
GyrePagellaMathJax_Latin-Regular.woff	      GyrePagellaMathJax_NonUnicode-Regular.woff  GyrePagellaMathJax_Shapes-Regular.woff     GyrePagellaMathJax_Size5-Regular.woff  texgyredejavu-math.otf

I already run

% fc-cache -fsv

, still, no change. I also added the folder to /etc/fonts/conf.avail/09-texlive-fonts.conf, but it doesn't help

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
  <dir>/usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/tex-gyre-math/</dir>
  <dir>/usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/</dir>
  <dir>/usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype</dir>
  <dir>/usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/truetype</dir>
  <dir>/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/opentype</dir>
  <dir>/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/truetype</dir>
</fontconfig>

What can I do more?

Thanks a lot...

#2 2021-01-27 21:36:30

tucuxi

Re: XeLaTeX (texlive) cannot find existing font

Are you sure XeLaTeX can deal with woff files at all?

#3 2021-01-27 22:03:39

JayDoe

I have no idea! Actually, I also wondered about the filetype, but I didn't set anything intentionally, that pushes XeLaTeX to load these files...

Here is a minimal example, which fails already...:

\documentclass{scrreprt}

\usepackage{fontspec}
% \newfontfamily\mathfont{TeX Gyre Pagella}
\newfontfamily\mathfont{TeX Gyre Pagella Math}
\begin{document}
\mathfont Test

\end{document}

I found out, that it has to be conntected to the math version of TeX Gyre Pagella, the other one works.

Last edited by JayDoe (2021-01-27 22:03:54)

#4 2021-01-28 19:06:11

tucuxi

1. Do you have tex-gyre-math installed?
2. Unless you added the texlive fonts directory to the system fonts, XeLaTex wants you to refer to the font by file name.

#5 2021-01-28 19:47:15

JayDoe

Yes, I installed otf-texgyre-pagella-math from AUR. Also, if I use Tex Gyre Schola Math, which is from the same package, I don't get any error... I don't know what is wrong with my Pagella installation, probably some duplication and the default name points on the broken installation. Anyway, thanks for your hint, even though I have the path in my texlive font directory list, it didn't load properly. I changed my command now to:

\newfontfamily\test[Path=/usr/share/fonts/OTF/]{texgyrepagella-math.otf}

which is working fine. Thanks

Board footer