You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-23 11:47:41

con
Website

[Solved]Which program to decompress .uha files?

Anyone here know?

Thanks for any help I get!

charlie dont surf!

#2 2006-10-23 14:06:06

Lone_Wolf

Re: [Solved]Which program to decompress .uha files?

the uha format appears to be supported under windows only.

wikipedia on UHarc

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2006-10-23 14:13:51

con
Website

Oh yea I forgot..I found a solution.. Download uharc (link in wikipedia article above) unzip and then run (in same directory as you unzipped) wineconsole uharc.exe e -d1 FILE2EXTRACT
incase someone else runs into this god damned compression format big_smile

charlie dont surf!

#4 2008-04-26 18:19:40

part1zan_

Well, uharc seems not to run under wine. But nothing is impossible, right? Right there lies a manual how to extract those archives. You should use uharcd instead of uharc. Let me quote just from that place:

Those of you who download multimedia files may come across the UHARC compression format (filenames with .uha extension). The codec is available only for Windows, but you are still able to extract them under Linux. First, get Wine (instructions for that can be found elsewhere). Second, visit this link and extract the contents:

ftp://ftp.elf.stuba.sk/pub/pc/pack/uharc06b.zip

The file you want is UHARCD.EXE (note that UNUHARCD.EXE also works, but has less features).
The problem that frustrated me for the longest time is that I tried using UHARC.exe instead (notice this one doesn't have the "D" at the end -- you need the UHARCD file instead, because that one is made for Dos-mode. If you try using Wine with UHARC.EXE, extraction will appear to be underway, but will not actually work.)

Place the UHARCD executable in the same folder as the compressed file which you want to extract, then open up a terminal and navigate to that directory. Suppose your archive is named movie.uha and it's password protected, with the password "ihateapple", issue the following command:

wine uharcd e -pw_ihateapple movie.uha

For me, the progress indicator in the terminal remained at 0% the entire time, oddly enough. If that happens to you, check to see if the actual file is increasing in filesize. If it is, everything is going fine.

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user-friendly. It just happens to be very selective whom to make friends with

#5 2009-04-03 19:45:15

ADI64

I know this is a little late now, but uharc.exe works for me (with a little workaround).
My problem was that I'm using the 64bit branch of arch and wine didn't want to run uharcd.exe because it's a DOS file and not supported in my 64bit environment.
However, when I do a

wineconsole cmd.exe

and then, in this Windows CMD I can issue

uharc.exe x -d2 myfile.uha

and it will extract the files properly.
Just in case someone was wondering. wink

Last edited by ADI64 (2009-04-03 19:45:56)

#6 2009-11-22 07:55:18

teMplaryum
Website

ADI64 wrote:

I know this is a little late now, but uharc.exe works for me (with a little workaround).
My problem was that I'm using the 64bit branch of arch and wine didn't want to run uharcd.exe because it's a DOS file and not supported in my 64bit environment.
However, when I do a

wineconsole cmd.exe

and then, in this Windows CMD I can issue

uharc.exe x -d2 myfile.uha

and it will extract the files properly.
Just in case someone was wondering. wink

Had the same problem with uharcd, thanks!

Online at:
Twit | Facebook | Blog

Registered Linux user #469726

Board footer