You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-03 08:16:56

budder

Repeated error -32 as soon as installer image loads

I am trying to install Arch on my laptop but as soon as the image loads I get repeated lines of errors:

xx.xxxxxx usb 1-1.3: device not accepting address xx, error -32
xx.xxxxxx usb 1-1.3: device descriptor read/all, error -32
xxx.xxxxxx usb 1-1.3: unable to read config index 0 descriptor/all
xxx.xxxxxx usb 1-1.3: unable to read config index 0 descriptor/start: -32
xxx.xxxxxx usb 1-1.3: can't set config #1, error -32

The laptop is a first generation Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon. I used Rufus to load the ISO from a Windows 10 machine. I have tried different USB ports. I have tried loading the ISO using dd mode. I have tried a different release. I have tried different USB sticks. Secure Boot is disabled. I was able to successfully install using the same USB with the same ISO on a different laptop.

#2 2021-02-03 22:14:21

mpan
Website

Re: Repeated error -32 as soon as installer image loads

The last time we were talking (on #archlinux) I have suggested disabling either camera or the wifi adapter. You’ve answered that “Reset do defaults” is not affecting those settings, but never came back with any informaton about whether this affected the problem.

For some context, so others would know: adding loglevel=0 kernel parameter didn’t helped either. The error floods all ttys. On #archlinux we haven’t found out which device is causing the problem and the messages flood prevents easily accessing logs.

Sometimes I seem a bit harsh — don’t get offended too easily!

#3 2021-02-04 03:11:45

budder

Re: Repeated error -32 as soon as installer image loads

mpan wrote:

The last time we were talking (on #archlinux) I have suggested disabling either camera or the wifi adapter. You’ve answered that “Reset do defaults” is not affecting those settings, but never came back with any informaton about whether this affected the problem.

For some context, so others would know: adding loglevel=0 kernel parameter didn’t helped either. The error floods all ttys. On #archlinux we haven’t found out which device is causing the problem and the messages flood prevents easily accessing logs.

Sorry about that. Yes, I tried disabling both wifi and camera. I tried disabling each of them individually as well having them both disabled. Unfortunately the error persists hmm

Board footer