You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-04 18:31:38

defaultxr

Screen has a yellow tint after swapping drive to another computer

Hi,

I recently swapped a drive containing my Arch installation and a Windows partition into another laptop of the same make and model (Lenovo Flex 14API). After doing this, the laptop's built-in screen has a yellow tint anytime I am booted into Arch. The problem does not occur when I boot into the Windows partition, nor does it occur on the external monitor I have plugged into the laptop; the screen colors look fine in either of those cases; it's just the laptop's built-in screen where colors look wrong (white appears yellow, for example).

What I've tried:

- `xcalib` to load an ICC profile for this laptop. Doesn't help.
- `xrandr`, `xgamma`, and xrandr-brightness-script to adjust color temperature. Changing these parameters works but the screen's colors still seem off even with these adjustments.
- `redshift` via commands like `redshift -m drm -PO 9000`. It adjusts the temperature, but again, the colors of the monitor are still off and white still looks yellow. Redshift is installed but NOT running and does NOT start on boot.
- `ddcutil detect` says: "This is an eDP laptop display. Laptop displays do not support DDC/CI."

From what I can tell the yellow tint occurs as soon as the machine reaches GRUB, so it seems like the problem may be occurring at a lower level than X. This seems to be confirmed by the fact that Wayland compositors also have the yellow tint.

Is there anything else I should look into that might be causing the tint, or any suggestions for how to fix it?

Thanks.

Last edited by defaultxr (2021-02-04 18:34:50)

Board footer