You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-25 10:10:27

harman2

Accidentally ca-certificates-mozilla got removed

Ok here it is. How did this happen? I’m stupid that’s why. I wanted to remove a different package with a similar name and ended up removing ca-certificates-mozilla. And the result not surprisingly, I am not able to open any website on brave browser. I have only one browser btw. And none of pacman related commands work (pacman -Syu, pacman -S). Each of these commands return the error,

Failed retrieving file ‘...’ from xyz.com : error setting certificate verify locations: CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/CA-certificates.crt CApath: none

Sorry for the indentation here, I’m using mobile phone to post since I’m neither able to connect nor visit any website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy to provide any other information.

#2 2021-02-25 10:13:27

progandy

Re: Accidentally ca-certificates-mozilla got removed

If you still have the package in your cache, then you should be able to use "pacman -U"

pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ca-certificates-mozilla-3.62-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

Othwise use your phone to download the package, copy it to your pc and install with pacman -U.
You could also use the the archiso similar to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … an_upgrade

Last edited by progandy (2021-02-25 10:16:51)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#3 2021-02-25 13:22:52

harman2

Re: Accidentally ca-certificates-mozilla got removed

Ah yes! Thanks a ton! The package was cached and reinstalled with pacman -U.

Board footer