You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-26 07:53:55

elParaguayo

[Request] Move python-dbus-next to official repo

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so, if not, please can a mod move it.

I would like to kindly request that the python-dbus-next package in the AUR be moved to the official repo. The reason for the request is that the next release of qtile will have dbus-next as an optional dependency for dbus related functionality (certain widgets & notifications). This is replacing the previous dependency on python-dbus and python-gobject (which are both currently included as full dependencies for the current package).

Having dbus-next in the main repo would allow this dependency to be met in the official qtile package. It would also be helpful for those users currently running qtile-git from the AUR.

It is a pure python package so the only dependencies are python and python-setuptools so this should hopefully not be too onerous a request.

Full disclosure: I am not the developer of dbus-next but I am a contributor to, and user of, qtile.

Many thanks.

#2 2021-03-02 04:03:54

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: [Request] Move python-dbus-next to official repo

Maybe once the next version of qtile is released?

While you wait for it to be potentially moved, it would be a good idea for the package to be updated to follow the packaging guidelines: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Py … guidelines

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#3 2021-03-02 12:33:08

elParaguayo

Re: [Request] Move python-dbus-next to official repo

Thanks eschwartz. That makes sense.

I'll flag the packaging guidelines point to the maintainer.

Board footer