You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-30 11:50:36

Back2Cali

user font problem

Hi!

I've got a problem after upgrading my system this morning. After the update I'm no longer able to use manually installed fonts. The fonts worked before and also reinstalling didn't help...

Does anybody have an idea?

#2 2006-11-01 12:06:27

Kenetixx
Website

Re: user font problem

could be anything but im guessing maybe somehting to do with the new fontconfig messing up settings? No help just a lead really , someone else might want to elabirate a little more

http://binaryritual.net

There is no spoon.......

#3 2006-11-01 13:03:28

Neverth
Website

I recommend you to look your xorg.conf
If fonts are installed in /usr/share/fonts/local/
make sure you got fontpath for it. Also make sure you got modules loaded for them (freetype)
You can also try running fc-cacce -f to force rereading fonts cache?

Flying is Trying is Dying

#4 2006-11-01 17:07:31

Back2Cali

The xorg.conf is correct. It worked until the last kde/openoffice/xorg update. All the font paths are set up right the fonts are installed to my system. The strange thing about it is, when I take a look at the installed fonts using the build in kde module in the control center in the admin mode, it doesn't list the installed fonts I need, only the ones that where installed by pacman. But when I install my fonts again, the system asks me if I want to overwrite the existing fonts.... but I still can't use them....

#5 2006-11-12 15:03:31

Back2Cali

I'm still having this problem with my fonts. The fonts still won't be listed in KDE but when I take a look at the folder where they are installed, all fonts are there. However I still can't use them...  :cry:

Does anyone have another idea what to do, because I need to build some PDFs with those fonts and I don't know what to do.

Thanks!

#6 2006-11-12 18:17:42

Back2Cali

Hi!

I noticed something else about the font problem. I always installed the fonts system wide within administrator mode. In order to go every way to find some solution I installed the fonts as normal user today, and the same fonts seem to work now...

Does anyone know why these fonts work for me as a user, but they won't be accepted system wide?

Maybe finding out why it is like that can help me solving this problem...  lol

Thanks!

Board footer