You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-08 15:10:39

McMuffin
Member
Registered: 2021-04-08
Posts: 5

Rate limit reached

I can't search/install any AUR packages, because my IP has somehow reached the rate limit?

I'm on a fresh install haven't done 4K+ searches that I'm aware of. I'm not using a VPN and nobody else has used my IP address as for months as far as I know...

Furthermore I've monitored traffic to AUR's IP using Wireshark and don't see any sort of service making requests.

Could this perhaps be a mistake? Can I have my IP removed from the rate limit?

Offline

#2 2021-04-08 15:16:33

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 21,136

Re: Rate limit reached

What are you using for "searching and installing" ? Some bad helpers make distinct request for each update  candidate.

Other than that it should clear after a day

Online

#3 2021-04-08 15:24:20

McMuffin
Member
Registered: 2021-04-08
Posts: 5

Re: Rate limit reached

I installed yay using: https://github.com/Jguer/yay and pkgmake

Other than that I haven't used or done anythng.

Offline

#4 2021-04-08 15:35:44

Morn
Member
Registered: 2012-09-02
Posts: 886

Re: Rate limit reached

Maybe your ISP uses carrier-grade NAT and lumps different users together under the same IP address?

Offline

#5 2021-04-08 15:37:01

McMuffin
Member
Registered: 2021-04-08
Posts: 5

Re: Rate limit reached

Morn wrote:

Maybe your ISP uses carrier-grade NAT and lumps different users together under the same IP address?

No, I pay for a static IP. Have it it for months.

Offline

#6 2021-04-08 15:44:49

McMuffin
Member
Registered: 2021-04-08
Posts: 5

Re: Rate limit reached

Is there anyway to have my IP removed from rate limit early?

Offline

#7 2021-04-08 16:04:53

Awebb
Member
Registered: 2010-05-06
Posts: 6,262

Re: Rate limit reached

McMuffin wrote:

I installed yay using: https://github.com/Jguer/yay and pkgmake

Other than that I haven't used or done anythng.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 5#p1921185

eschwartz wrote:

yay is a rewrite of yaourt in golang, its name literally stands for "yet another yaourt". It's thematically fairly similar, though it adds new bugs like hammering the AUR RPC and getting you rate limited for a 24-hour blacklisting of your IP address if you try to install certain packages with complex deptrees.

Offline

#8 2021-04-08 16:11:48

McMuffin
Member
Registered: 2021-04-08
Posts: 5

Re: Rate limit reached

Awebb wrote:
McMuffin wrote:

I installed yay using: https://github.com/Jguer/yay and pkgmake

Other than that I haven't used or done anythng.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 5#p1921185

eschwartz wrote:

yay is a rewrite of yaourt in golang, its name literally stands for "yet another yaourt". It's thematically fairly similar, though it adds new bugs like hammering the AUR RPC and getting you rate limited for a 24-hour blacklisting of your IP address if you try to install certain packages with complex deptrees.

This explains it a lot! How do I completely remove is and prevent reinstallation? Is pacman -R sufficent?

Offline

#9 2021-04-08 16:38:04

Awebb
Member
Registered: 2010-05-06
Posts: 6,262

Re: Rate limit reached

Yes. Unless you have an additional repository somewhere in your pacman config, no AUR package will be automatically installed by normal means.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB