You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-08 16:30:31

nunopenim

Sound distorted while Android Studio's Emulator is running

Not quite sure if this is the right place to post my issue, as it is a bit specific.

Since I did a fresh Arch install on my machine, about 1 month ago, and started using Android Studio, I noticed that every time the emulator was running, the audio would come out as distorted and echo-ey, both headphones and speakers of my machine.

Back then, I was using the LTS kernel 5.10, but now on the 5.11, the issue has persisted. I am not sure what I can log from this.

The audio problem was independent from the source, as firefox on youtube was affected, VLC was affected, and even discord, while talking to people was affected.

I got Android Studio from the AUR repository, currently running android-studio 4.1.3.0-1, with the same issues.

My current kernel is 5.11.11:

[nunopenim@nuno-laptop ~]$ uname -r
5.11.11-arch1-1

And these are my audio devices:

[nunopenim@nuno-laptop ~]$ lspci | grep "Audio"
03:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 1637
03:00.6 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller

Since both are by AMD, I think it's important for me to list my CPU, it's a Ryzen 7 4700U, with the iGPU. I do not have any dGPU, if that is relevant.

[nunopenim@nuno-laptop ~]$ lscpu | grep "name"
Model name: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Graphics

Not sure if there is any other information I need to give, but dmesg and the journal logs do not seem to have anything that catches my attention in what the issue could be.

If this is not the correct place to post my topic, apologies!

Check my GitHub here: github.com/nunopenim

I apologize in advance if some of my comments or replies don't make any sense, English is not my main language, although I try! Thank you for understanding, you can also point out stuff I misspell or just doesn't sound right.

#2 2021-10-15 12:46:37

sciamp

Re: Sound distorted while Android Studio's Emulator is running

Hi! I am having the same problem with kernel 5.14.11-arch1-1

I'm using pulseaudio and I noticed that re-staring it solves this temporarily

Did you find some solution to this?

Thanks smile

Board footer