You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-10 23:06:59

Archemore

[SOLVED] DragonRise Gamecube Adapter -- Can't Play with 2+ controllers

EDIT: I solved the issue; see the end of the post.

Hi, I recently bought a Dragonfire Gamecube controller adapter that's meant to allow Gamecube controllers to attach via usb to a computer to use to play games. My laptop recognizes the adapter, and Retroarch also acknowledges there are 4 controller ports to be configured. However, no matter how much I try to get more than one controller to actually be recognized in game, it'll only recognize Player 1 as being connected. The games don't even show the option of adding a second player, despite the fact that inside Retroarch I can configure a second controller just fine (the program recognizes the button presses but it can't be used to control their menus like the first controller can).

I've tried just about everything I can think of: changing the switch from PC to Wii U, trying different ports, trying Dolphin for Gamecube emulation directly, cloning KingToad's Github and running make, and nothing seems to solve this mysterious issue. Here are some more system diagnostics:

Output of `sudo dmesg` after plugging in adapter with 2 connected controllers:

[Removed]

Output of `lsusb` when adapter is plugged in with 2 controllers:

[Removed]

Output of `cat /etc/udev/rules.d/51-gcadapter.rules` is:

>SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="usb_device", ATTRS{idVendor}=="057e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0337", MODE="0666"

I'm running the Arch standard kernel on 5.11.12. Other controllers have worked for me so I'm not sure what's going on with this device in particular. Any new ideas to try or advice is greatly appreciated!

SOLUTION: Here's what worked for me, in case someone in the future has a similar issue. I flipped the switch from "PC" to "Wii U" on the adapter, and then tried changing the controller setting in Dolphin from "Standard Controller" to Wii U adapter. It picked them up right away and they worked without further configuration!

Last edited by Archemore (2021-04-16 02:47:12)

Board footer